May 30, 2013

BIRTHDAY LOVE

My Birthday was on Tuesday, and I felt extremely loved and blessed by my husband, family, and friends. Over the weekend, I celebrated with family and friends, and on the actually day, my husband spoiled me rotten. Here are some highlights:

| 1 |
My special day began with my Husband making me breakfast in bed. It included one of my favorite recipes that his Mom makes when we visit Louisiana and fresh strawberries. Nom!

| 2 |
When I walked out of my bedroom, I found a peony heaven :) Want to know the extent of my peony love, read here.
| 3 |
At work, I got sung Happy Birthday by a group of girls that even had harmonized parts. It was beautiful!

| 4 |
Around lunch time, guess who showed up? The Husband strolled in with ANOTHER bouquet of peonies! 
| 5 |
Throughout the day, I received tons of birthday love through phone calls, texts, emails, and facebook messages

| 6 |
One phone call that stood out in particular was from my mentor/best friend/2nd Mom, Pam. She called me all the way from Paris, France! She is on vacation there, and in honor of my special day, she lit a candle for me in front of our Blessed Mother.

| 7 |
When I got home from work, I changed into something nice and the husband took me to dinner at Hotel La Jolla. The restaurant for the hotel is on the top floor, and had an incredible beach view! We got there in time to watch the sunset, and to top it all off, the food was delicious!
| 8 |
After dinner we came home, and open presents. I got some things on my wish list, and some other very thoughtful gifts.

| 9 |
For my birthday dessert, the husband made my favorite, homemade peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. They were heavenly!

| 10 |
The night ended with us continuing to watch our "Friends" marathon and snuggle time.

I blew out 3 birthday candles this year, and made the same wish each time! I hope it comes true! THANK YOU to everyone for making me feel so blessed!

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday! Sounds like it was amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Sheena! It is great to great to hear from you! :)

      Delete
  2. How wonderful! What a gem of a husband you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mandi! I am definitely blessed! From reading your blog, I know you have a gem as well ;)

      Delete