March 19, 2013

THE INVITATION


First and foremost, if we are to even have a glimpse of how much we are truly worth, we must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. As I mentioned in an earlier post, growing up God was a part of my life, but in a very minimal way. He was present at Mass on Sundays, quick graces before meals, and always when I needed something. The list of needs included-disagreements with friends, boy drama, and requests for superficial things I thought I had to have at the time. When I was in a bad spot in life I would often wonder, "Where is God?" or "If God is so good why is He allowing this to happen to me?" Looking back now I clearly see that I was not making any room in my heart to allow God to do anything in my life. For God to move in our lives, we must surrender. God does have a plan for each and every one of our lives, but God is a gentleman. He will never force His plan on us. He gave us free will. We get to choose.

When I had my conversion my senior year of high school and finally started to choose God over my wants, my life totally transformed. For the first time in my life I figured out who I was and what I was about. I no longer was just following the crowd, but following God and I found my purpose. It was such a freeing experience. So many people falsely believe that following God is limiting them in their happiness, and it is just a bunch of rules to follow. When in reality when I was following what I thought I wanted and needed, I felt in chains. The biggest thing that I received when I started to choose Christ, that I never had before, was peace. I had the peace of knowing that I was never alone. I still had hard times and difficult decisions, but I had the peace of knowing that God was with me. Before my conversion I always felt restless. I was always searching for something more because I was never satisfied. Little did I know that something more was God, and that he was there all along. It was just up to me to let him in.

God cannot open the door to your heart. Only you can allow him in. You can choose to do it now... or wait, but know He will always be there waiting. Waiting to show you His plans for you, to walk the journey with you, and carry you when you feel like you can't go on. It is the most beautiful invitation you will receive in your whole life. What are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment